FJC Leadership Summit Oklahoma City
22-24th of September 2019
The U.S. Alliance for Hope International organized on the from 22-24th of September their yearly FJC Leadership Summit in Oklahoma City. Around 120 FJC directors and co-directors shared during these 2 days under the direction of Gael Strack and Casey Gwinn their individual experiences and challenges of their own FJC’s. Also the focus for the upcoming years was discussed. The EFJCA shared with the US participants the topics in the European work and challenges.
- How to start a FJC
- How to sustain a FJC
- Hope and Empowerment
- Holistic approach
- Honor related violence
- FJC and Child Advocacy: bridging -> integrating
- Work with Perpetrators
- Role of employers in tackling domestic violence
- Differentiation towards a range of co-related models (differences in and through Europe)
- The term Family
- Work with perpetrators
- Backlash on gender policy, women's rights,...
- Role of religion/churches/...
- Naming Violence <-> conflicts
- Place and role of Restorative Justice (and in particular the role of mediation)