Coercive Control Symposium
December 9, 2020
The colleagues of the FJC Foyle, Northern Ireland, were involved in the organisation of a online symposium about Coercive Control. This free online event was open to all health care professionals and professionals working in statutory, community and voluntary agencies providing services to families, children and young people.
The aim was to assist professionals working with adults and children to recognize signs of coercive control and trauma. This enables them to respond in a professional manner knowing the appropriate services and resources to access for seamless referral.
- Ms Mary Mc Dermott, Co-Chief Executive Safe Ireland
- Dr Sharon Lambert, Lecturer Psychology Dept University College Cork
- Foyle Women’s Aid Co. Derry, Voices Forum Representative and Teen link Voices
- Detective Sergeant David Hannigan, Mayo Divisional Protective Service Unit
- Ms Heather Wilson, Prevention Partnership & Family Support Manager TUSLA