Conference CEP Probation
December 2, 2021
The EFJCA together with the EFRJ (European Forum for Restorative Justice) provided one of the workshops on the 'Workshop on Domestic Violence in prison and probation' organized by the Confederation of European Probation and Europris in Leuven, Belgium, Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd December 2021.
Ongoing phenomenon all around Europe
Domestic violence is an ongoing phenomenon all around Europe. EuroPris and Confederation of European Probation (CEP) established the expert group on domestic violence to work on improving the management and rehabilitation of offenders with a domestic violence background and to raise awareness about this issue in European Prison and Probation Services.
Experts from several jurisdictions
On 1-2 December CEP and EuroPris organized a joint workshop on Domestic Violence in prison and probation. During the 2-day program, the key areas were focusing on the evaluation of treatment programs, the use of virtual reality, and interagency cooperation. Experts from several jurisdictions presented on these topics, and in the three workshop sessions, there was enough time for discussion and sharing of experiences.
- Overview of Domestic Violence in Europe – by A. Pauncz
- Domestic Violence Interventions: The Evidence – by S. Henfrey
- Intervention Programme for perpetrators of Domestic Violence in Slovak Prisons – by J. Zajac
- The Use of Virtual Reality Technology for Domestic Violence Cases – by D. Ivarsson
- WG on RJ and Gender Based Violence – by L. Hein
- The Use of Restorative Justice Practices in Domestic Violence – by P. Franck
- Domestic Abuse – Investing in Early Interventions to Prevent Offending – by. Dr. G. O’Hare